Wednesday, October 3, 2007

If You Have Never Had a Headache, Is Something Wrong With You?

QUESTION: Perhaps you will think this is a silly question but will be kind
enough to answer it anyway. I am well into my 80's now and have never had a
headache. Is there something wrong with me?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANSWER: I don't think your question is silly at all, although I will admit it
brought a smile to my lips. Any legitimate question that is of concern to you
is entitled to consideration for an answer in this column. We concentrate so
much on explaining symptoms and their causes that it may seem that everyone
must have something wrong with them to be normal. While almost everyone I
know has had a headache at one time or another in their lives, you are under
no obligation to suffer this most common complaint. Even the mildest of
infections, troubles with sight, and the daily stesses in life are capable of
causing this ache, but the absence of this annoying pain in your life is a
blessing, and not a sign of any abnormality I know of.

0 Comments:

-