Friday, June 24, 2016

Acne Treatment - What Are the Best Acne Products? |


I think the cornerstone of any acne therapy is a retinoid. Retinoids are prescription medicines like Retin-A, Tazorac or Atralin. These are so important, because they prevent the clogging of the pore, and that's really the first step in the development of any acne lesion, whether it be whitehead, or pimple or pustule or cyst. I think something that kills bacteria can also be very helpful, whether it's a topical antibiotic like Clindamycin,a benzoyl peroxide or a natural antibacterial like pomerosa or Mahonia. I also think that glycolic peels or salicylic acid peels can be very helpful in both preventing and treating acne. The most important thing to remember though, is that, what is right for one person may not be right for another. I don't have a cookie cutter approach to acne. I base it on your skin type, your lifestyle, what kind of regimen you like to have. So, although I tend to use a retinoid, I always try to customize the treatment for you.

Acne Treatment

0 Comments:

-