Sunday, September 23, 2007

What Are "The Seven Simple Guidelines to a Healthy Diet"?

What Are "The Seven Simple Guidelines to a Healthy Diet"?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUESTION: My physician suggested that I follow the seven simple guidelines to
a healthy diet, which I said I would do. But he never told me what they were
and I didn't ask. Do you know what they are?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANSWER: Of course, and I am happy to pass them on to you and my other
readers.
1: Eat a variety of foods. Include fruits and vegetables, whole
cereals, lean meats, poultry, fish, peas and beans and low fat dairy products.
2: Maintain desirable weight.
3: Avoid too much fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.
4: Eat foods with adequate starch and fiber.
5: Avoid too much sugar.
6: Avoid too much sodium.
7: If you drink alcoholic beverages, do so only in moderation.
They may sound easy and they are, and your health will profit
immeasurably if you follow these guidelines.
----------------
The material contained here is "FOR INFORMATION ONLY" and should not replace
the counsel and advice of your personal physician. Promptly consulting your
doctor is the best path to a quick and successful resolution of any medical
problem.

0 Comments:

-