Monday, October 1, 2007

Is Being a "Pushover" for Sex Related to Divorce?

QUESTION: I have just gone through a long and painful divorce, and now am
trying to get my life back in gear. I am still young and a talented business
woman, but now find that I have become a "pushover" for sexual activity with
my dates. Is it possible that this is due to my recent divorce or do I need
professional help?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANSWER: A divorce is never pleasant, even when both parties agree to the
separation. In cases where a person feels rejected or displaced, the need to
restore self-esteem and repair damaged pride may take the form of excessive
sexual activity. The brief but sometimes intense relationship serves to make
you feel wanted and attractive, and to release some of the sexual tension that
has built up. It also serves to combat the depression that follows any change
in life style. Surely counseling can help before this becomes a habit that
can permanently damage your already disrupted life. And please during this
time remember the rules of safe sex, to reduce some of the other risks, like
infection, you are now running.

0 Comments:

-