Monday, October 1, 2007

What Sexual Activity is Normal for a Man Age 72?

QUESTION: Though I retired several years ago, I am still well and active. I
feel much the same as I did 10 years ago, and still want to experience life to
its fullest. After I retired, my wife and I moved to this community, where we
felt we could make new friends of our own age and experience. But there are
some really strange ideas about sex floating around this place, and they are
making me question myself and my feelings. Would you please discuss what
sexual activity is normal for a man my age (72)? There is more than one
couple waiting for your answer to this very important question.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANSWER: More people than you would ever imagine are interested in your
problem, as my mail is always full of questions that speak to sexuality in
people of your age. There are many changes that occur with the aging process
that affect an individual's outlook and personal perceptions on sexual
activity. The testicles actually become smaller, their sperm count is lower,
erections become less firm, and the desire for sex may come less frequently.
As important as the physical changes are the mental and psychological ones,
and the feelings that are important to the sense of fulfillment and
satisfaction. In this way each of us is unique, and bring to our lives a
complex variety of factors that create a variety of motivations and needs.
You are apparently a robust 72, and your desires to continue in the manner of
a younger man are not only understandable and commendable, but are normal--for
you. By the same token, a description of normal would be different for
someone suffering from a chronic disease, such as diabetes, for the abilities
and desires would be determined by the state and progression of their disease.
Be thankful for your vigor, live your life in your own personal way, and stop
worrying about definitions of normal.

0 Comments:

-