My wife has gastric since her teenage days but nothing too serious that requires her to get constant medication. But as she get pregnant, her gastric problem came back and causing her to have this heartburn sensation in the chest and throat, everything to her now taste different and her tongue tasted bitter all the time, the increased amount of acid in her stomach caused her to be 'gassy' all the time. Well research shows that this situation normally happens to most of pregnant women (early pregnancy) and usually it will go away/reduced after the first Trimester. So, as a concerned husband, I did some research on how to reduce the feeling of discomfort caused by gastric and heartburn.
1. Avoid food that can trigger acid build-up such as oily food, vinegar, some citrus fruits, chocolate, spicy foods, caffeinated products (Coffee, Tea, Cola), carbonated drinks, anything sourly.
2. Try to eat more regularly with smaller portions. As our wives become pregnant, the content of acid in their stomach increased and the process of food digestion also become slower thus the reason of lowering the volume of food and best if they munch their food as many times as possible before swallowing to help the food to processed faster reducing the acid buildup.
3. No ALCOHOL, Period!
4. Ask them to wear comfortable clothing that didn't restrict/pressing your stomach and waist.
5. Don't overstress them; this can also cause acid reflux to goes wild and your gastric and heartburn worst!
6. Drink yogurt based drinks or milk before sleep.
7. Try chewing gum after eating. Chewing gum stimulates your salivary glands, and saliva can help neutralize acid.
8. Avoid eating close to bedtime.
9. Drinking soymilk and barley also helps.
10. Medication: ALWAYS consult with your gynecologist on what medication that your spouse can take.
So there you go guys, I hoped the info I shared with you is beneficial and helpful in any way possible.
More tips and review on parenting from a father point of view and my journey as a new dad at: http://myjourneyasanewdad.blogspot.com/
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Posted by N.J at 11:55 AM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Tried And Tested Anti Aging Secrets by Amy twain
- Simple Belly Fat Burning Foods by Bryan Carlton
- Why Healthcare Facilities Need Vendor Credential S...
- How to Fill Up and Not Fill Out by Wendy Moyer
- Your Guide to Glaucoma Surgery by Kathryn Dawson
- P90X Reviews - Exactly What Is It? by Jeff Schuman...
- Kegelmaster – Forget Stress, Live A Healthy Life b...
- Kegelmaster Makes You Confident by Andrew Rivano
- The Best Foods to Fight Disease in Your Diet by Ma...
- Entry of MNC’s to Boost the Asia Pacific Pharma Ma...
- Seniors Exercise-Aging Gracefully by Michael Logan...
- Laser Vision Correction by Kathryn Dawson
- P90X Reviews - Is This The Best Choice For You? by...
- How Nurses Can Help The Health Care Industry by Ge...
- Which Should You Choose, Private Or Group Health I...
- Suggestions On Getting Optimum Benefits From Your ...
- Kegelmaster – Live a Stress Free Life by Andrew Ri...
- Adults With AD/HD: Is It Time To Explore The Shoul...
- Adults with AD/HD: Why Nike Has the Right Idea by ...
- Five Reasons to Have Laser Eye Surgery by Kathryn ...
- Staying Safe in the Sun by Joe Cline
- 10 Ways To Reduce Gastric and Heartburn During Pre...
- ▼ Feb 26 (22)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)