There are a lot of reasons a person might choose to undergo laser eye surgery. If you have a problem with your eyes and want to find out more about what treatment is available to you then this article will be of particular interest. Laser eye surgery sounds like a very serious or severe procedure. Whilst of course it is serious, it doesn't leave a person bedridden or needing weeks of recovery time like surgeries on the body can. For many of the procedures patients can be back at work just a couple of days later. Read on to find out the main reasons to have laser eye surgery.
Reason 1 - It is not very disruptive
When you think of surgery you think of long procedures with weeks of recovery time. This is not so with laser eye surgery. Some of the procedures are literally just a few minutes per eye and there is usually very little recovery period needed. The lasek procedure requires slightly longer recovery periods, but not more than around a week, maybe two.
Reason 2 - You may be rid of your glasses for good
Glasses wearers are often unaware that their problems can be treated and removed completely with laser eye surgery. Anyone who is long or short sighted for example can have their corneas reshaped to correct the refractive error and remove the problem. Long sighted people need to have their cornea made more curved whilst short sighted people need to have their cornea flattened slightly to reduce the curve. As with all laser eye surgery the procedures are quick and painless and can cure the problem immediately,
Reason 3 - Eye diseases and conditions can be treated
There are a lot of problems with the eyes that if left untreated will eventually lead to partial or even complete blindness. Laser eye surgery can prevent these conditions getting that far. Cataracts can be removed altogether through surgery by removing the hardened, cloudy lens and replacing it with an artificial lens. This also ensures the cataracts never return. Glaucoma is another common condition that can be successfully treated with surgery. By widening the drainage canals in the eye or removing any blockages, the fluid in the eye can flow once more. This prevents the build up of pressure which can cause poor eyesight and blindness.
Reason 4 - 2 for 1 deals are available
This does not refer to price, but instead treatments. For example anyone who is suffering from cataracts who is also slightly short sighted can have both problems corrected at the same time. The same is true for long sighted people. When you go for your initial consultation with your eye doctor you can talk through all the options available to find a plan that suits you the best.
Reason 5 - It is safe
Eye surgery has an excellent safety record. Following treatment you will be required to undergo several check ups to ensure the eye is healing nicely and to check the treatment has worked. You will be given antiseptic eye drops to ensure that an infection doesn't set in. The treatment is extremely effective and you don't need to worry about it going wrong either - it is safe as infections, or any other problems for that matter, are extremely rare.
So there are the top 5 reasons to have laser eye surgery. There are many more reasons besides these. It is painless, it is now much more affordable than it has been in the past and there are many more problems that can be treated other than sight problems and diseases. Dry eye syndrome for example can be helped with laser eye surgery. You should consult your eye doctors if you want to find out if surgery can help you and what the next steps are.
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Posted by N.J at 11:55 AM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Tried And Tested Anti Aging Secrets by Amy twain
- Simple Belly Fat Burning Foods by Bryan Carlton
- Why Healthcare Facilities Need Vendor Credential S...
- How to Fill Up and Not Fill Out by Wendy Moyer
- Your Guide to Glaucoma Surgery by Kathryn Dawson
- P90X Reviews - Exactly What Is It? by Jeff Schuman...
- Kegelmaster – Forget Stress, Live A Healthy Life b...
- Kegelmaster Makes You Confident by Andrew Rivano
- The Best Foods to Fight Disease in Your Diet by Ma...
- Entry of MNC’s to Boost the Asia Pacific Pharma Ma...
- Seniors Exercise-Aging Gracefully by Michael Logan...
- Laser Vision Correction by Kathryn Dawson
- P90X Reviews - Is This The Best Choice For You? by...
- How Nurses Can Help The Health Care Industry by Ge...
- Which Should You Choose, Private Or Group Health I...
- Suggestions On Getting Optimum Benefits From Your ...
- Kegelmaster – Live a Stress Free Life by Andrew Ri...
- Adults With AD/HD: Is It Time To Explore The Shoul...
- Adults with AD/HD: Why Nike Has the Right Idea by ...
- Five Reasons to Have Laser Eye Surgery by Kathryn ...
- Staying Safe in the Sun by Joe Cline
- 10 Ways To Reduce Gastric and Heartburn During Pre...
- ▼ Feb 26 (22)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)