If you've been trying to lose weight and get healthier then you surely know that those fattening little snacks at all hours of the night or day are doing you no good at all. Sure, they might taste sublime, but they are also packing on the pounds.
How would you like to eat tasty food that's actually better for you and, by their very nature, fill you up? Do you think that could help you to stave off those snack attacks? Read this short article and you will discover some simple yet enjoyable ways to eat better, feel full, lose weight, and get healthier.
Let's start with what to eat and then take a look at when to eat.
First off, a lot of research has been done that indicates that there are specific proteins that are important for both maintaining your health as well as for promoting weight loss. And studies have indicated that these proteins actually make you feel more full than if you ate an equivalent amount of fat or carbohydrates.
Nutritionists say that if you eat lean proteins throughout the day you won?t feel hungry. And unless you are eating to satisfy some emotional need, if you're not hungry you will eat less.
Since those midnight snacks are often the culprits that cause you to put on weight and keep it on, why don't we start off by looking at a handful of snacks that are actually good for you?
A really terrific snack is a tablespoon of peanut butter and an apple. Or you might want try putting a slice of low fat cheese on top of a slice of whole wheat toast or bread.
Alternatively you can eat a hard-boiled egg; or you can have three hard-boiled or three scrambled egg whites.
Other high protein snacks include half a can of tuna fish, a slice of turkey, or ten almonds.
When it comes to meal time, it has been found that it is best to start your day with a high protein breakfast. That's because when you do that you will feel less hungry throughout the rest of the day.
The aforementioned eggs could be a good way to start your day. Or you may want to enjoy a cup of fresh strawberries or blueberries, a one and a half ounce box of raisins, or a cup of cooked oatmeal.
If you're not partial to oatmeal then you can try three quarters of a cup of unsweetened bran cereal. Put some fresh strawberries or blueberries on top and you will be good to go.
Monday, February 20, 2012
Posted by N.J at 8:38 AM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Is Coffee Good or Bad for Your Heart? by Mark Ramo...
- Increasing Export Driving Indian Generics Drug Mar...
- Government Support to Impel Brazil Generics Market...
- Diet Programs And Meals - The Montignac Diet by Le...
- Kegelmaster The Healer Of The Weakened Pelvic Floo...
- What are Photo Facials And Laser Resurfacing? by N...
- How to Find a Dentist in Lincolnshire by Kathryn D...
- Kegelmaster-Providing Solutions For Tightening The...
- The Dangers That GBS and Meningitis Pose For Newbo...
- How Would You React In The Event Your Doctor Held ...
- Are There Any Promising Treatments For Mesotheliom...
- Science Update: Stem Cells and Cardiovascular Heal...
- How to Eat Less and Feel Full by Wendy Moyer
- It's Important To Get Your Hearing Checked by Nick...
- When Doctors Do Not Follow Up After PSA Results Si...
- A Spine Injury Can Put Your Life In Jeopardy by Ni...
- ▼ Feb 20 (16)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)