Dust mites can easily take up residence in your mattress. They are bad for the health and the skin. They can easily irritate sensitive skin and cause skin rashes.
There are a lot of dust mite-resistant mattresses out in the market. But if you are not using one, you can try maintaining the cleanliness of your bed through the following tips:
1. Clean your mattress at least once a month. Use a shopvac or a portable vacuum cleaner and vacuum all sides of the mattress. A portable vacuum machine with HEPA filter or high efficiency particular air filter can get rid of minute dust particles effectively.
2. When cleaning your room, save your mattress for last. Also avoid using a broom to sweep your floor. The sweeping motion will only transfer dust particles into the air and will give it a chance to settle on the surface of your mattress. Try using upright vacuum cleaners or use a damp mop to get rid of dirt particles on the floor.
3. Clean the area around your mattress with a damp rag. Wipe the bed frame and your bedside table. If you have a window near the bed, also clean it with a damp rag. This will prevent dust particles from being transferred to the mattress.
4. Change your bed sheets regularly. Dead skin cells can also collect on bed sheets so you need to change it regularly. Wash your bed sheets, comforters and pillowcases using a mild liquid detergent. Freshly washed bed sheets can also make you sleep better.
5. Invest on a good mattress topper or cover. Mattress covers encase the whole mattress set. They are usually made from plastic materials that can repel spills and moisture and ward off dust mites and bed bugs. There are now mattress covers that have been paired with comfortable textile materials. Some people do not like using covers because the plastic wrapping can be a tad uncomfortable. But since you now have more comfortable options, you can include this in your list of bedding accessories.
A mattress topper is a thinner foam layer that can be placed on top of the bed. This will serve as the shield of your primary bed. You might want to choose a topper that can repel dust mites and bed bugs. A good latex foam topper is an ideal choice.
You should improve your sleep pattern through the help of a clean mattress. Use these tips to keep your mattress clean.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Posted by N.J at 3:34 AM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Kegelmaster – The Wonder Machine by Andrew Rivano
- Can Caffeine Boost Memory? by Noel Chua
- Extreme Diets Rarely Work by Paul Hargreaves
- Diet Plans And Menus - The Ornish Diet by Levi Rei...
- Can Sunglasses Prevent Laser Eye Surgery? by Kathr...
- Laser Eye Surgery by Kathryn Dawson
- Eye Health and Laser Eye Surgery by Kathryn Dawson...
- Theta Meditation – A Wonderful Tool for Relaxation...
- Hemispheric Synchronizing Produces Binaural Beats ...
- Meditation CDs – The tutor & Tutelage that Teach Y...
- How To Prevent The Accumulation Of Dust Mites In Y...
- Global Hepatitis C Treatment Market to grow at 8% ...
- New Guidelines to Tighten Indian Clinical Trials I...
- Prescription Glasses Explained by Kathryn Dawson
- How To Buy Comfortable Shoes That Won't Cause Heal...
- High Heel Problems You Didn't Know by George Hutto...
- Is Barefoot Running The Ideal Way? by George Hutto...
- Three Ideas For Excellent Shoe Selection by George...
- Dentists in Grimsby and Other Parts of the UK by K...
- How to Get Glasses Direct to Your Door by Kathryn ...
- ▼ Feb 25 (20)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)