If you want to ensure your eyes are working well and that there are no problems with your sight, you should have regular eye tests. These can be carried out quickly at your local opticians. If there is any problem with your eyes, perhaps something like Myopia (shortsightedness) or long-sightedness, then the optician may make a recommendation that you wear glasses. Many people think that they have to buy their glasses in the establishment where the test is carried out, however this is not the case. You can buy your glasses wherever you like.
It is not always sensible in fact to buy your glasses in a high street shop. For a start you will be paying a premium, especially on any glasses in the designer range. The shop has overheads, and these are passed onto you, the customer. Limited choice is another problem with shopping in the high street - there is only so much space for display cases, and only so much store room capacity. If you want the best deals then you should shop online. Not only do you receive the benefit of greater choice and lower prices (through reduced overheads and no problem with storage) you also receive the bonus of your glasses direct to your door. You can shop in the comfort of your own home, taking as much time as you want.
When shopping in a high street store, time is usually pressing and that can lead to hurried decisions and disappointment when you discover the glasses you bought are not really the ones you wanted. It is easy to buy prescription glasses online. All you need to do is ensure you take a copy of your sight test away with you from the optician. The prescription is valid for up to 2 years after the eye test, and during this time you can purchase prescription lenses from anywhere you want. Those who are over 70 should have the eyes tested every year, and their prescription is valid for usually one year instead of two.
There is often an age limit on buying glasses online, of 16 years. Otherwise there are no restrictions to where you shop. The optician is legally obliged to give you a copy of the eye test once it has been carried out and the results examined. If this was not done, don't worry, just simply ask the optician for a copy over the phone or the next time you are passing the shop. Make sure the test if legible, if you feel it isn't then you can request it is re-written.
You can ask to have the pupillary distance written on the copy of the eye test too. This is the distance between your pupils and allows your glasses supplier to line up the centres of the lenses with the centres of your pupils. If you don't have the pupillary distance then the glasses supplier will simply use an average PD for your prescription glasses. Buying online is easy, safe and gives you more choice and lower prices too. There is no problem with buying prescription glasses as explained above. The process is simple and if there are any problems with the glasses that arrive then you can send them back for altering or changing.
Search online for a reputable online retailer of glasses and sunglasses. There should be a money back guarantee in place and a good customer service helpline available too. If you have any questions or problems you can phone them or email them directly and they will be able to talk you through the process. Remember, when buying prescription glasses you don't have to buy them at the opticians where the eye test was carried out. Follow the procedure above and you can buy prada glasses and other well-known brands as well as a whole range of designer sunglasses such as armani sunglasses - prescription or non-prescription, from wherever you wish.
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Posted by N.J at 3:34 AM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Kegelmaster – The Wonder Machine by Andrew Rivano
- Can Caffeine Boost Memory? by Noel Chua
- Extreme Diets Rarely Work by Paul Hargreaves
- Diet Plans And Menus - The Ornish Diet by Levi Rei...
- Can Sunglasses Prevent Laser Eye Surgery? by Kathr...
- Laser Eye Surgery by Kathryn Dawson
- Eye Health and Laser Eye Surgery by Kathryn Dawson...
- Theta Meditation – A Wonderful Tool for Relaxation...
- Hemispheric Synchronizing Produces Binaural Beats ...
- Meditation CDs – The tutor & Tutelage that Teach Y...
- How To Prevent The Accumulation Of Dust Mites In Y...
- Global Hepatitis C Treatment Market to grow at 8% ...
- New Guidelines to Tighten Indian Clinical Trials I...
- Prescription Glasses Explained by Kathryn Dawson
- How To Buy Comfortable Shoes That Won't Cause Heal...
- High Heel Problems You Didn't Know by George Hutto...
- Is Barefoot Running The Ideal Way? by George Hutto...
- Three Ideas For Excellent Shoe Selection by George...
- Dentists in Grimsby and Other Parts of the UK by K...
- How to Get Glasses Direct to Your Door by Kathryn ...
- ▼ Feb 25 (20)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)