Monday, October 24, 2011

Importance of Flossing by Tyler Jones

There is a great concern for Dentists in Waterloo for the proper oral care of the constituents in their communities. People around their community have no priority in oral health program. Dentists are alarmed of the rising cases of both tooth loss among adults and tooth cavities among children.

Dentist Waterloo Clinic is leading the cause that a progressive society begins with a good oral health program among its population. Good dental health program starts with proper brushing and dental flossing. People give less importance of dental flossing nowadays. We do not realize that simple regular dental flossing can actually prevent the rising gum disease cases right now.

We believe that regular brushing alone can be effective oral care. Brushing can remove only as much as 65% of the bacteria that resides in our mouth leaving behind 35% hiding in between teeth. These remaining bacteria will feast on food particles left behind from brushing. The by-product of the bacteria is an acid that destroys the tooth enamel.

Regular dental flossing will prevent bacteria build-up in between teeth. Flossing is very essential in having a good oral health program. Dental flossing will also prevent periodontal disease; a disease that causes tooth loss among adults. If you neglect dental flossing you allow the bacteria to build-up and harden to become known as tartar.

After some time if the tartar left untreated, the bacteria around the teeth will produce harmful toxins that causes the gums to swollen and inflame. This kind of condition is called gingivitis. Gingivitis is a disease that causes your gums to red and tender and easily bleeds. Gingivitis will progress into periodontal disease, where the bacteria not only attack the gums but also the bones supporting the teeth that eventually cause the teeth to fall.

If only dental flossing is included in our oral health program all these diseases can be prevented. It is important to include regular dental flossing everyday in our oral hygiene regimen. Other benefits of regular dental flossing are preventing tooth decay and bad breath. Make a good habit of dental flossing for a healthier living.