Atrial fibrillation refers to that heart condition in which the heart beats irregularly. Although atrial fibrillation itself usually isn't life-threatening, it is a medical emergency. It can lead to serious complications.
Such heart beats are caused due to erratic impulses of this organ. Although this irregularity may develop as a commonality, for others it's just a rare occurrence. There are many kinds of patterns of this disease. It just does not happen the same way in all the people. In some cases, the patient also feels giddy due to this disease. The main people who are affected by this ailment have crossed 50 years of their lives.
This disease affects a large number of people. The vulnerability increases as we get old. It can also become higher as we become past 60 in age. It's not true that this disease necessarily implies serious issues. Even an overactive thyroid gland is a common cause of this disease. So, people who have such thyroid gland issues should get themselves checked up. Some people who are born with a heart valve problem can also contract this disease. Such heart ailment can also happen with age when the heart valves calcify.
Even accumulation of fatty material inside the arteries of a person can also cause this disease. Such deposits cause the arteries to choke which can cause irregular contractions. There are many reasons for this ailment to occurs. The most prominent is when a person has undergone open heart surgery. Sometimes, people who drink alcohol can get atrial fibrillation irregularly. These people should avoid drinking alcohol which acts as a trigger. The disease can also be triggered by caffeine. Most of the people who are getting such irregular impulses from the heart can suffer from palpitations. They also get the feeling of dizziness. Some people also don't get any kind of symptoms although they suffer from atrial fibrillation.
Others can feel pain in the chest along with accompanying weakness. People can find out about the existence of this disease through regular visits to the doctor's office. They can get tests like ECG done. It's also important that the patients monitor his pulse which can only reveal the existance of this condition.
If you thing you have any symptoms of atrial fibrillation, make an appointment to meet your doctor. It should be able to tell you if your symptoms are caused by this disease.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Posted by N.J at 11:13 PM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Information To Help You Quit Drinking by Rudy Silv...
- Do Want To Some Tips On Probiotics Bloating? by Ru...
- Agranulocytosis: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment by...
- Alternative Medicine: Who Can Benefit From Aromath...
- Kegelmaster Some Features by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster The Pelvic Muscle Stimulator by Andrew...
- Does Smoking Increase the Risk of Asbestos Related...
- Is This Common Over-the-Counter Medication Safe? b...
- Baby Heartburn - Relief And Remedies by Steve Phil...
- Using Mind Power To Lose Weight With Self Hypnosis...
- Anti-Depressant Medication and Birth Injuries by W...
- The Low Carb Diet Lunch by Kim Tanady
- Does Self Hypnosis For Weight Loss Really Work? by...
- Don't Let Rosacea Keep You From Social Events by N...
- Did You Know That Practical Nurses Are In Demand? ...
- Can We Really Detoxify Through Our Feet? by Nick M...
- Walking Is Easily The Best Exercise by George Hutt...
- Walking For Weight Loss: Is It Really This Easy? b...
- Diet Programs And Meals - The Mono Diet by Levi Re...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Causes, Symptoms and Treatmen...
- Self Hypnosis For Weight Loss Without Starving by ...
- ▼ Feb 19 (21)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)