As you can tell from its name, the Mono Diet means eating only a single food. The most common varieties are the grape and the rice diet. The grape mono diet lasts for one to three weeks. The rice mono diet lasts three to ten days. These diets are said to allow your digestive system to rest and also help detoxify your organism. Please make sure to see a doctor before starting any version of this diet. Here are some of the diet principles.
Before you start the grape mono diet, get your body ready. Four days before you switch to grapes eliminate meat, fish, and eggs from your diet. On the following day stop eating dairy products. The next day say goodbye to grains. Then cut vegetables out of your diet. Ideally eat organic grapes. Otherwise, soak the grapes in hot water to remove any toxic elements. Eat up to eight servings of grapes a day. Don't mix grape varieties. Don't eat more than seventeen pounds (eight kilograms) of grapes each day. If you select the rice mono diet eat white, organic rice that is unpolished or semi-polished. You may season the rice, for example with a small amount of Tamari. Each as much rice and drink as much water as you wish for three to ten days. There are no preparatory steps for the rice mono diet. Other mono diet varieties include the apple diet, the tomato diet, and the cucumber diet.
Claimed advantages for the mono diet include feeling light and reducing or eliminating gastric problems. It is also said to clean the blood. Let me add one more, you don't have to worry about what to serve. Disadvantages include nutritional deficiencies and getting very tired of the given food. You won't learn how to put together a menu.
Here are two sample menus:
Breakfast: Fresh squeezed black grape juice. Black grapes.
Lunch: White grapes.
The mid-afternoon snack is black grapes.
Supper: White grapes. Fresh squeezed white grape juice.
Breakfast: A bowl of white rice seasoned with cardamom.
Lunch: Two bowls of white rice seasoned with oregano and Tamari.
The mid-afternoon snack is a bowl of unseasoned white rice.
Supper: Two bowls of white rice seasoned with anis and Tamari.
Some of the information in this article comes from a fascinating new book, La Bible des Regimes, written by Jenny de Jonquieres and published by Amerik Media. Her book describes over 80 diets and weight reduction programs. Each diet is presented with 5 menu plans, a detailed discussion of its advantages and disadvantages, and lots more. La Bible des Regimes is presently available only in French.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Posted by N.J at 11:13 PM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Information To Help You Quit Drinking by Rudy Silv...
- Do Want To Some Tips On Probiotics Bloating? by Ru...
- Agranulocytosis: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment by...
- Alternative Medicine: Who Can Benefit From Aromath...
- Kegelmaster Some Features by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster The Pelvic Muscle Stimulator by Andrew...
- Does Smoking Increase the Risk of Asbestos Related...
- Is This Common Over-the-Counter Medication Safe? b...
- Baby Heartburn - Relief And Remedies by Steve Phil...
- Using Mind Power To Lose Weight With Self Hypnosis...
- Anti-Depressant Medication and Birth Injuries by W...
- The Low Carb Diet Lunch by Kim Tanady
- Does Self Hypnosis For Weight Loss Really Work? by...
- Don't Let Rosacea Keep You From Social Events by N...
- Did You Know That Practical Nurses Are In Demand? ...
- Can We Really Detoxify Through Our Feet? by Nick M...
- Walking Is Easily The Best Exercise by George Hutt...
- Walking For Weight Loss: Is It Really This Easy? b...
- Diet Programs And Meals - The Mono Diet by Levi Re...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Causes, Symptoms and Treatmen...
- Self Hypnosis For Weight Loss Without Starving by ...
- ▼ Feb 19 (21)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)