According to statistics put forth by the National Rosacea Foundation, millions of people suffer from a chronic skin condition known as Rosacea. The condition effects men and women, but is three times more likely to appear in women. The chronic skin reddening and irritation causes sufferers discomfort, embarrassment and a self-conscious feeling. The social lives of these individuals are severely effected.
There are four types of rosacea with varying symptoms. One type may cause skin to blush or flush easily and it is not uncommon for the appearance of spider veins. Another type consists of chronic skin reddening with reddened and pus filled pimples. This condition is sometimes confused with acne.
Another variety of the condition includes thickened, irritated skin which may form nodules on the skin surface and may be accompanied by the appearance of spider veins. This type may also affect the skin on the ears. The last type of rosacea affects the eyes and eyelids, which may feel irritated, red and dry. All types may cause the skin to tingle, burn and be overly sensitive.
Doctors have discovered that many things can cause or trigger rosacea outbreaks. Some individuals have been tested and found to have systemic bacterial outbreaks, which are successfully treated with antibiotics. Exposing the skin to extreme temperature changes can have an adverse effect. Sun exposure, hot baths or showers, hot weather and wind are known to be skin irritants.
Someone who lives in a warm climate and suddenly becomes exposed to cold temperatures can also cause skin to respond negatively. Alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods and foods that contain histamine such as aged cheese, red wine, beer, cured pork and yogurt, have been discovered to trigger rosacea symptoms. Certain medications and skin treatments containing harsh chemicals also worsen sensitive skin. Emotional stress not only takes its toll on the body, but also can be mirrored in skin conditions.
Individuals suffering from rosacea or an exacerbated outbreak are not inclined to want to go out in public. Recent developments in skin care help heal existing conditions and minimize further eruptions. Doctor formulated skin preparations that include cleansers, creams and lotions. These can improve overall skin appearance dramatically.
Anti-inflammatory chemicals reduce red skin in as little as 4 to 12 weeks. These formulations also diminish pimples, pustules and nodular lesions. The specially prepared cleansers, lotions and cremes reduce skin dryness, sensitivity, burning and itching. They also improve overall texture.
These special skin preparations are also useful on other skin conditions. The texture of sun damaged skin will has a smoother appearance, fine lines disappear and wrinkles are diminished. Age spots and other areas of hyperpigmentation are greatly reduced. The skin regains elasticity and is able to retain moisture, giving it an overall more youthful appearance.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Posted by N.J at 11:13 PM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Information To Help You Quit Drinking by Rudy Silv...
- Do Want To Some Tips On Probiotics Bloating? by Ru...
- Agranulocytosis: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment by...
- Alternative Medicine: Who Can Benefit From Aromath...
- Kegelmaster Some Features by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster The Pelvic Muscle Stimulator by Andrew...
- Does Smoking Increase the Risk of Asbestos Related...
- Is This Common Over-the-Counter Medication Safe? b...
- Baby Heartburn - Relief And Remedies by Steve Phil...
- Using Mind Power To Lose Weight With Self Hypnosis...
- Anti-Depressant Medication and Birth Injuries by W...
- The Low Carb Diet Lunch by Kim Tanady
- Does Self Hypnosis For Weight Loss Really Work? by...
- Don't Let Rosacea Keep You From Social Events by N...
- Did You Know That Practical Nurses Are In Demand? ...
- Can We Really Detoxify Through Our Feet? by Nick M...
- Walking Is Easily The Best Exercise by George Hutt...
- Walking For Weight Loss: Is It Really This Easy? b...
- Diet Programs And Meals - The Mono Diet by Levi Re...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Causes, Symptoms and Treatmen...
- Self Hypnosis For Weight Loss Without Starving by ...
- ▼ Feb 19 (21)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)