If you have been drinking alcohol for quite some time, it is time to quit drinking. Binge drinking on alcoholic beverages would lead to detrimental consequences. For example, you may lose your sense of control over yourself.
Many alcoholics find it very difficult to control their emotions especially anger, anxiety, and hatred. When things do not go easy, alcoholics may lose their logical reasoning and instead, make decisions that are often founded on pure emotions. Most often than not, those decisions may aggravate the situation.
In a study conducted on the effects of alcohol on the central nervous system, particularly, on the human brain, scientists found out that the nerves show signs of impairment such as blackouts and memory lapses. People who drink alcohol excessively may experience brain deficits which can still be evident even in sobriety.
If you think you have a problem with alcohol drinking and you wish to quit, you have to realize that it is not done overnight. Many alcoholics took years before they become free from the choking grasps of alcoholism. There are lapses to count, and withdrawal symptoms to endure. But no matter how hard the obstacles are, it is possible to quit drinking.
The first thing to do is to accept that you have a problem dealing with alcohol; that you cannot control yourself from not wanting to drink. Most alcohol addicts do not acknowledge this fact. Recognizing the problem may seem trivial to some people. To most people, however, recognition is a matter of success and failure.
When you have accepted the fact that the alcohol is taking over your life, you should share that development with your family. Your family is instrumental in your recovery from alcoholism. Their support, coupled with love is what will drive you to pursue until you attain success in your journey.
Also, ensure that your house is free from any alcohol. Your kitchen, mini-bar, and storage room must be rid of any form of alcoholic beverage. The same thing goes to your office.
Bad association spoils useful habits. If some of your officemates are influential in your alcoholism or in some way would post hindrances in your plan of quitting, it is best to avoid them. At home, maintain friends and company conducive to healthy and clean living.
Engage yourself in productive undertaking such as getting involved in sports and physical exercises or any hobby of yours. This keeps your brain too occupied to entertain thoughts of having a shot or two.
If the desire to drink alcohol is too overwhelming, it would be wise to seek professional help. There are institutes constituted to help alcoholic people such as you to break free from the dangerous habit. Depending on the gravity of your addiction, there are programs that can benefit you like counseling, taking medications, and getting admitted to a rehabilitation center, where the staff can monitor on your activities 24 hours a day.
Quit drinking is a daunting undertaking. However, with your determination, support from family and friends, and effective rehabilitation program, recovering from alcoholism is not impossible.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Posted by N.J at 11:14 PM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Information To Help You Quit Drinking by Rudy Silv...
- Do Want To Some Tips On Probiotics Bloating? by Ru...
- Agranulocytosis: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment by...
- Alternative Medicine: Who Can Benefit From Aromath...
- Kegelmaster Some Features by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster The Pelvic Muscle Stimulator by Andrew...
- Does Smoking Increase the Risk of Asbestos Related...
- Is This Common Over-the-Counter Medication Safe? b...
- Baby Heartburn - Relief And Remedies by Steve Phil...
- Using Mind Power To Lose Weight With Self Hypnosis...
- Anti-Depressant Medication and Birth Injuries by W...
- The Low Carb Diet Lunch by Kim Tanady
- Does Self Hypnosis For Weight Loss Really Work? by...
- Don't Let Rosacea Keep You From Social Events by N...
- Did You Know That Practical Nurses Are In Demand? ...
- Can We Really Detoxify Through Our Feet? by Nick M...
- Walking Is Easily The Best Exercise by George Hutt...
- Walking For Weight Loss: Is It Really This Easy? b...
- Diet Programs And Meals - The Mono Diet by Levi Re...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Causes, Symptoms and Treatmen...
- Self Hypnosis For Weight Loss Without Starving by ...
- ▼ Feb 19 (21)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)