The food you consume is one of the many contributors to the condition of insomnia and fixing a poor diet should be treated as a serious part of the brain re-training regime you need to carry out if you want to effectively cure insomnia naturally.
Tryptophan (TRIP-TOE-FAN) containing foods need to form a major part of your diet - tryptophan being the amino acid that builds mind and body relaxing neurotransmitters such as melatonin and serotonin.
Because of the carbohydrate/tryptophan sleep inducing relationship, an evening meal, not too large or spicy and consumed at least 3 hours before bedtime, is ideally comprised of a reasonable sized portion of carbohydrate with just a small portion of protein. If you're so inclined, then a (light) late night snack should be eaten at least one hour before bed.
Check out this small list of ideas for evening tyrptophan-filled snacks and meals that'll help grab that much needed sleep-filled night;
1. Rice pudding; Baked and sweetened with raisins or some other dry berry
2. Whole grain cereal with milk; Unsweetened
4. Peanut Butter sandwich
5. Pasta with Parmesan
6. Scrambled egg with slice of toast
7. Seafood and pasta
8. Cottage Cheese
9. Meats or poultry with vegetables or salad
10. Tuna salad sandwich
11. Hummus with a pita bread
12. Chili with beans and rice; not too spicy
Remember this; lighter, leaner, non-spicy meals or snacks are more beneficial - especially for those particularly prone to acid reflux etc. The larger, high fat and chili-hot meals will make your digestive system work overtime, meaning more gas production and rumblings that’ll likely only keep you (and probably your partner) awake.
So in summary; along with stress, lack of healthy exercise, the need for the re-training of your brain and poor bedtime routines, a poor diet is one of the many collective causes of insomnia and needs to be treated very seriously along with every other contributing factor.
Saturday, February 18, 2012
Posted by N.J at 12:39 AM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Agoraphobia And Panic Attack Help by Yvonne Kelly
- The Easy Blackhead Removal Trick You Can Use Today...
- Consider The Possibilities Of Self Hypnosis For We...
- Here Are A Couple Of Blackhead Removal Methods Tha...
- Easy Weight Loss Tips: Three Ways To Success by Sh...
- Do You Need A Spine Surgeon? by Nick Messe
- A Dermatologist Treats A Myriad Of Skin Conditions...
- Understanding Your Muscle Fibers: A Look at How to...
- At What Age Can Orthodontic Treatment Begin? by Ni...
- Walking Is A Great Way To Lose Weight by George Hu...
- Indian Clinical Trial Market to show Double Digit ...
- Dealing With Insomnia Naturally – 16 Of The Worst ...
- Cure Insomnia Naturally - 1 Important Tip About Fo...
- Cure Insomnia Naturally - 12 Foods To Help You Sle...
- Cure Insomnia Naturally – 12 Night Time Snacks & M...
- Cure Insomnia Naturally – Top Tips For Controlling...
- Dealing With Insomnia Naturally - Intro To The Vic...
- Dealing With Insomnia Naturally - Understanding Yo...
- Dealing With Insomnia Naturally – Deadly Side Effe...
- Dealing With Insomnia Naturally - How To Tell Whic...
- Cure Insomnia Naturally - How To Deal With These 7...
- Eliminate Insomnia Fast - 3 Tips To Getting That I...
- Dealing With Insomnia Naturally - Top Tips For Goo...
- What Are Some of the Symptoms and Causes of Mesoth...
- ▼ Feb 18 (24)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)