The Okinawa Diet was created by Makoto Suzuki. It is based on the nutritional habits of people who live in the Ryukyu Islands including the city of Okinawa in southern Japan. In the past these people had the longest life expectancy in the world. This is a long term or life long diet. You will eat 300 calories a day less than your caloric expenditure. Stop eating before you are full. 78% of your nourishment comes from vegetable sources. Privileged foods include rice, soy, and fish. Eat as little dairy products as possible. Here are some of the diet principles.
Eat about 80% of the food you feel you need. Eat low-calorie foods; these are foods that may contain the highest level of micronutrients. Eat seven or more servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Eat seven servings of legumes and grains daily. Eat two servings of soy daily. Eat algae; they include numerous minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Eat fish three times a day. Limit your consumption of animal products, replacing them with vegetable proteins. Drink very little alcohol but drink a small amount of red wine regularly. You should try to avoid sugar and salt such as in prepared foods. Drink a lot of water and tea.
The Okinawa Diet claims to reduce the risks of diabetes, excess cholesterol, cancer, and heart disease. It also claims to lower stress and fight against aging. This diet has the advantage of being easy to follow, unless you are a fan of salt or sugar. You may find yourself hungry.
Here are two sample menus:
Breakfast: A slice of carrot cake. A nectarine. Tea.
Lunch: A few sushi. Algae soup. Grated carrots. Tea.
Supper: Miso soup. A bowl of white rice. Cucumber salad. A banana. Tea.
Breakfast: A two-egg herb omelet. Two slices of bran bread. An apple. Tea.
Lunch: A lettuce, tomato, tofu, and endive sandwich on whole-grain bread. A bowl of rice. An orange. Tea.
Supper: Soy and carrot salad. A bowl of white rice. Curried lentils. A peach. Tea.
Some information in this article comes from a fascinating new book, La Bible des Regimes, written by Jenny de Jonquieres and published by Amerik Media. Her book describes over 80 diets and weight reduction programs. Each diet is presented with 5 menu plans, a detailed discussion of its advantages and disadvantages, and lots more. La Bible des Regimes is presently available only in French.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Posted by N.J at 9:41 PM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Losing Weight Naturally – The Honest Truth About C...
- Losing Weight Naturally – How To Diarize Your Achi...
- Losing Weight Naturally – 4 Helpful Weight Losing ...
- Losing Weight Naturally – Top Tips For Developing ...
- Natural Remedies For Internal Parasites by Nick Va...
- Diet Programs And Meals - The Okinawa Diet by Levi...
- Ways to Prevent a Pterygium by Kathryn Dawson
- How to Avoid Needing Dental Implants by Kathryn Da...
- Zen in Recovery - Empty your Cup by Jane Derry
- Zen in Recovery - Ego by Jane Derry
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea by Gordie Guide
- Are You Curious to Find Out What the Signs and War...
- It’s Never Been Easier to Reap the Benefits of Hea...
- Kegelmaster Is Helpful To Strengthen Pelvic Muscle...
- Kegelmaster – Use And Be Healthy by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster – Stop Worrying by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster Pelvic Muscle Builder by Andrew Rivano...
- Kegelmaster The Pelvic Toner by Andrew Rivano
- Do You Have a Sleep Debt? by Gordie Guide
- Common Sense Tips to Help Stop Snoring by Gordie G...
- Information To Help You Buy Testosterone Supplemen...
- Fibromyalgia - The Simple Facts by Anita Lyon
- KSA Medical Device Market Set to Flourish by Shush...
- Growing Your Own Herbs For Herbal Remedies by Nick...
- Kegelmaster Hope For Weakened Pelvic Muscles by An...
- US Generic Drug Market to Grow at 10% CAGR by Shus...
- Learning 5 Steps To Keep Acne Away by Mark De Schu...
- What Cataract Surgery is Available? by Kathryn Daw...
- Sweating Too Much: Educate Yourself About Your Pro...
- Hand Held Pulse Oximeter Technology Allows Physici...
- Pulse Oximeter Use With Lanyards Allows For Vital ...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Use By Pilots To Prevent...
- Pulse Oximeter Helps To Lose Weight by Jacob Walte...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Meets Bluetooth And Wire...
- Pulse oximeter used in emergency response systems ...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Allows Asthma Sufferers ...
- ▼ Feb 22 (36)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)