Emergency response health care professionals serve one of the most important functions in our society. They are there when we most need them and at our most critical time of health. Emergency response technicians are the individuals that care for you during your time that you have to quickly get to the hospital for treatment. Also they are the individuals that are there for you to treat you during an emergency such as a house fire or some sort of gas poisoning. These individuals have always been needing to carry around large and heavy vital sign monitoring devices to measure the victim’s vital signs in order to determine immediate life saving treatment. One new device that has had a true innovative impact on the emergency response care arena is the use of a pulse oximeter.
A pulse oximeter is a medical device that measures pulse rate as well as blood oxygen saturation with amazing speed and accuracy. The oximeter utilizes the latest in infrared light technology in order to get the vital signs of an individual. The great thing about this new generation of oximeter technology is the fact that they are unbelievably small and portable. In the past the health care professionals had to rely on pulse oximeter products that were large and extremely heavy to move around easily. However, with the advent of new chip technology the oximeters today are made to be extremely portable. They are only a fraction of the size of a cellphone and provide the same complete services of the previous generations of oximeters while at not only the fraction of the cost but also a fraction of the size and weight. Today medical emergency response individuals are utilizing these new generations of pulse oximeter technology. The new generation will allow the professionals toeasily move quickly in and out of complex and risky situations without the unnecessary and unneeded weight and equipment. One of the most important vital signs that the device measures is blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) which represents the percentage of hemoglobin in the blood. This is extremely important in the fact that the ability to measure the oxygen percentage in the blood comes to play a major part in almost any emergency health situation. For example, lets say there is a fire and the emergency medical personnel have to respond quickly to the victims of this fire. Because of a typical smoke inhalation that can occur during fire the personnel need to pay especially close attention to the fact that the individual may be suffering from the lack of oxygen in their blood and thus my need emergency oxygen. They professional simply places on the individual the oximeter and within seconds they get a reading of the SpO2 levels which in turn allow the individual to gauge the level of oxygen in the body of the person and to decide whether supple mental oxygen is necessary. A Pulse oximeter is the most advanced and useful tool used today by emergency health care professionals out there in the field.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Posted by N.J at 4:20 AM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Losing Weight Naturally – The Honest Truth About C...
- Losing Weight Naturally – How To Diarize Your Achi...
- Losing Weight Naturally – 4 Helpful Weight Losing ...
- Losing Weight Naturally – Top Tips For Developing ...
- Natural Remedies For Internal Parasites by Nick Va...
- Diet Programs And Meals - The Okinawa Diet by Levi...
- Ways to Prevent a Pterygium by Kathryn Dawson
- How to Avoid Needing Dental Implants by Kathryn Da...
- Zen in Recovery - Empty your Cup by Jane Derry
- Zen in Recovery - Ego by Jane Derry
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea by Gordie Guide
- Are You Curious to Find Out What the Signs and War...
- It’s Never Been Easier to Reap the Benefits of Hea...
- Kegelmaster Is Helpful To Strengthen Pelvic Muscle...
- Kegelmaster – Use And Be Healthy by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster – Stop Worrying by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster Pelvic Muscle Builder by Andrew Rivano...
- Kegelmaster The Pelvic Toner by Andrew Rivano
- Do You Have a Sleep Debt? by Gordie Guide
- Common Sense Tips to Help Stop Snoring by Gordie G...
- Information To Help You Buy Testosterone Supplemen...
- Fibromyalgia - The Simple Facts by Anita Lyon
- KSA Medical Device Market Set to Flourish by Shush...
- Growing Your Own Herbs For Herbal Remedies by Nick...
- Kegelmaster Hope For Weakened Pelvic Muscles by An...
- US Generic Drug Market to Grow at 10% CAGR by Shus...
- Learning 5 Steps To Keep Acne Away by Mark De Schu...
- What Cataract Surgery is Available? by Kathryn Daw...
- Sweating Too Much: Educate Yourself About Your Pro...
- Hand Held Pulse Oximeter Technology Allows Physici...
- Pulse Oximeter Use With Lanyards Allows For Vital ...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Use By Pilots To Prevent...
- Pulse Oximeter Helps To Lose Weight by Jacob Walte...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Meets Bluetooth And Wire...
- Pulse oximeter used in emergency response systems ...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Allows Asthma Sufferers ...
- ▼ Feb 22 (36)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)