Physicians have always wanted a medical and health device that they can utilize to monitor the pulse rate and blood oxygen levels of individuals and patients while the physician is on the go. The device that offers this feature of measuring pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation is a pulse oximeter. A pulse oximeter is a medical and health device that measures pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation with accuracy and ease. The patient simply places their finger inside the oximeter device and within seconds the device is able to calculate the SpO2 and pulse rate and thus provide a reading of these vital signs. In turn, the physician will use this information in order to determine whether the patient is functioning at optimal health or whether the physician needs to provide extra care. The hospital and office setting where the physicians typically practice have always had pulse oximeter devices. However, these devices were very large and immobile. Typically you would have to purchase one device for each room as they were not able to be moved from one patient room to another easily. However this has not changed with the advent of new chip technology that allows for portable pulse oximeter use that can be taken anywhere easily.
The large oximeter devices have totally changed for the better in respect to physicians. These individuals were never able to move easily from one patient room to another and also measure the vital signs of patients. However, with these new portable devices the physician can see one patient in one room and quickly move to another room and measure the vital signs of that other patient. From an economical standpoint, the physician doesn’t need to purchase an expensive, immobile pulse oximeter device that would need to be bought for each room. Instead, the physician purchases a portable pulse oximeter that is not only a fraction of the cost of the standard oximeter device, but it also has the same level of accuracy and quality. The hospital setting is also a great place where physicians can utilize a hand held pulse oximeter. As the doctor needs to attend to multiple patients in different patient rooms they will be able to take their oximeter device with them to each room that they go to and monitor the vital signs of patients. They simply take the device and have the patient place their finger inside the probe of the device whereby a reading of their vitals signs is taken. From this reading the doctor is able to determine the level of health of the individual and what actions need to be taken to restore the individual health. These devices are typically powered by power outlets as they were traditionally only used in the hospital room settings. However, since they became portable and wireless devices the main power source has become battery power. Battery power allows the physicians the ease of moving seamlessly from one patient room to another without having to worry about wires.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Posted by N.J at 4:20 AM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Losing Weight Naturally – The Honest Truth About C...
- Losing Weight Naturally – How To Diarize Your Achi...
- Losing Weight Naturally – 4 Helpful Weight Losing ...
- Losing Weight Naturally – Top Tips For Developing ...
- Natural Remedies For Internal Parasites by Nick Va...
- Diet Programs And Meals - The Okinawa Diet by Levi...
- Ways to Prevent a Pterygium by Kathryn Dawson
- How to Avoid Needing Dental Implants by Kathryn Da...
- Zen in Recovery - Empty your Cup by Jane Derry
- Zen in Recovery - Ego by Jane Derry
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea by Gordie Guide
- Are You Curious to Find Out What the Signs and War...
- It’s Never Been Easier to Reap the Benefits of Hea...
- Kegelmaster Is Helpful To Strengthen Pelvic Muscle...
- Kegelmaster – Use And Be Healthy by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster – Stop Worrying by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster Pelvic Muscle Builder by Andrew Rivano...
- Kegelmaster The Pelvic Toner by Andrew Rivano
- Do You Have a Sleep Debt? by Gordie Guide
- Common Sense Tips to Help Stop Snoring by Gordie G...
- Information To Help You Buy Testosterone Supplemen...
- Fibromyalgia - The Simple Facts by Anita Lyon
- KSA Medical Device Market Set to Flourish by Shush...
- Growing Your Own Herbs For Herbal Remedies by Nick...
- Kegelmaster Hope For Weakened Pelvic Muscles by An...
- US Generic Drug Market to Grow at 10% CAGR by Shus...
- Learning 5 Steps To Keep Acne Away by Mark De Schu...
- What Cataract Surgery is Available? by Kathryn Daw...
- Sweating Too Much: Educate Yourself About Your Pro...
- Hand Held Pulse Oximeter Technology Allows Physici...
- Pulse Oximeter Use With Lanyards Allows For Vital ...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Use By Pilots To Prevent...
- Pulse Oximeter Helps To Lose Weight by Jacob Walte...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Meets Bluetooth And Wire...
- Pulse oximeter used in emergency response systems ...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Allows Asthma Sufferers ...
- ▼ Feb 22 (36)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)