Your thighs are another large muscle area that just like your abdomen area, can very easily turn to soft flab, which of course will have a negative effect on your overall strength and health. They very definitely need to form part of your overall plan for effectively losing weight naturally and permanently.
In fact it's probably your inner-thigh muscles that are mostly ignored and you'll discover that even if people do a few good leg exercises on a regular basis they often still retain soft un-toned inner-thighs.
To recap for just a moment; a thigh is not just one large muscle but a collective group of smaller muscles working down there, so whilst you do exercises like walking or running or even squats you're merely targeting particular individual muscles which still leave your inner-thighs in need of some additional specific and targeted fat-burning work out.
The best type of exercise for your thighs is one that covers a total range of individual muscles within that specific muscle group. That exercise is;
"The Forward Lunge"
The 'lunge' has a few good variations, including the reverse-lunge and the side-ways forward lunge but the straight-forward (pardon the unintended pun) and simple forward-lunge is the most commonly used and has a particularly significant effect on your inner-thighs without having to get too technical with the other lunge types.
Of course i'm saying 'simple' here but you will need to get used to lunges if you've not attempted them before. But it's like anything else you've ever done, practice makes perfect - they will get easier to execute as your inner-thighs strengthen and tone. After all this is exactly why we need to do them isn't it?
I also want to just mention that although this exercise alone will make a great job toward the toning and strengthening of your thighs, for real killer legs you ought to be combining lunges with other thigh exercises and weight-losing strategies. You'll then see much speedier results.
So what's a forward lunge anyway?
Well it's a slightly exaggerated step forward from a standing position. You stand straight, feet slightly apart as though waiting for a bus. You next take your one foot forward (don't over-step, just take a good sized step) and leisurely bend the forward leg at the knee so that the thigh of your back leg finishes parallel with the floor.
Return the forward foot back to its' previous spot while standing straight again and duplicate the process with your other foot - do as many repetitions as suits you or your exercise program.
You should feel your inner and outer thigh muscles being stretched and worked and then as your thighs get sturdier you can graduate up to doing them with dumb-bells in your hands.
In summary; the simplest weight loss systems, methods or programs constantly prove to be the most effective. It's a whole lot easier than you've been led to believe. So focus on your targets and stick with them.
Natural, speedy, healthy and permanent weight-loss isn't and has never been about overly complicated dieting systems and/or poisonous diet pills - it's all about simplicity, a bit of will-power and genuine weight-loss knowledge.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Posted by N.J at 9:42 PM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Losing Weight Naturally – The Honest Truth About C...
- Losing Weight Naturally – How To Diarize Your Achi...
- Losing Weight Naturally – 4 Helpful Weight Losing ...
- Losing Weight Naturally – Top Tips For Developing ...
- Natural Remedies For Internal Parasites by Nick Va...
- Diet Programs And Meals - The Okinawa Diet by Levi...
- Ways to Prevent a Pterygium by Kathryn Dawson
- How to Avoid Needing Dental Implants by Kathryn Da...
- Zen in Recovery - Empty your Cup by Jane Derry
- Zen in Recovery - Ego by Jane Derry
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea by Gordie Guide
- Are You Curious to Find Out What the Signs and War...
- It’s Never Been Easier to Reap the Benefits of Hea...
- Kegelmaster Is Helpful To Strengthen Pelvic Muscle...
- Kegelmaster – Use And Be Healthy by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster – Stop Worrying by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster Pelvic Muscle Builder by Andrew Rivano...
- Kegelmaster The Pelvic Toner by Andrew Rivano
- Do You Have a Sleep Debt? by Gordie Guide
- Common Sense Tips to Help Stop Snoring by Gordie G...
- Information To Help You Buy Testosterone Supplemen...
- Fibromyalgia - The Simple Facts by Anita Lyon
- KSA Medical Device Market Set to Flourish by Shush...
- Growing Your Own Herbs For Herbal Remedies by Nick...
- Kegelmaster Hope For Weakened Pelvic Muscles by An...
- US Generic Drug Market to Grow at 10% CAGR by Shus...
- Learning 5 Steps To Keep Acne Away by Mark De Schu...
- What Cataract Surgery is Available? by Kathryn Daw...
- Sweating Too Much: Educate Yourself About Your Pro...
- Hand Held Pulse Oximeter Technology Allows Physici...
- Pulse Oximeter Use With Lanyards Allows For Vital ...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Use By Pilots To Prevent...
- Pulse Oximeter Helps To Lose Weight by Jacob Walte...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Meets Bluetooth And Wire...
- Pulse oximeter used in emergency response systems ...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Allows Asthma Sufferers ...
- ▼ Feb 22 (36)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)