Lanyards may not be a technologically advanced concept, but they do however play a key role in the use of a pulse oximeter. A pulse oximeter is a medical and health device that is used by many different individuals to monitor their pulse rate as well as blood oxygen saturation. You may asking what is blood oxygen saturation. Well, oxygen saturation is also known as SpO2 and is better known as the percentage of oxygen in the blood. This is a very important number that determines the health of an individual who have very specific health conditions. One health condition in particular is COPD. This condition is better known as chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder which is in particular a lung illness that will not allow the body to get enough oxygen. As oxygen is the most essential element to life, COPD is a specially dangerous health condition as it directly effects the level of oxygen that is absorbed by the body and thus can cause many different and ill health conditions. Apulse oximeter is a great tool to utilize in order to monitor the oxygen levels of an individual with COPD or any other respiratory conditions in order to make sure that the person is functioning at optimal health. Well, individuals on the average are quite mobile and they tend to not stay in one place. They may go from their home to work, the gym, or even to go on a trip and as such they need to take their oximeter device with them in order to monitor their health wherever they go.
The issue that arises is that the oximeter device although mobile can be dropped and depending on the elevation from which it is dropped this can seriously damage the oximeter device and thus make it so that it may no longer function properly. As such lanyards play a very important part in preventing such a thing from happening. A lanyard is a thread-like string that is very strong that attaches to an oximeter. Once it is attached to the oximeter you can then put the lanyard around your neck and as such you can take the device with you wherever you desire to go. By using a lanyard in order to secure the oximeter, you can rest assured that it will not be dropped and damaged as a result of an accidental drop. Most pulse oximeter distributors provide a lanyard that comes with the device and will allow you to comfortably take the oximeter device wherever you like without the fear of dropping it. One place in particular where you may definitely need a pulse oximeter is while mountain climbing. Individuals with various health conditions need to monitor their pulse rate and oxygen levels while they are mountain climbing and as such the pulse oximeter provides them with such a monitoring. However, as they are operating on rough terrain at altitudes it is especially important that they use a lanyard to secure the oximeter device so that it does not get damaged inadvertently
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Posted by N.J at 4:20 AM
- ► 2016 (19)
- ► July (36)
- ► June (35)
- ► March (23)
- Losing Weight Naturally – The Honest Truth About C...
- Losing Weight Naturally – How To Diarize Your Achi...
- Losing Weight Naturally – 4 Helpful Weight Losing ...
- Losing Weight Naturally – Top Tips For Developing ...
- Natural Remedies For Internal Parasites by Nick Va...
- Diet Programs And Meals - The Okinawa Diet by Levi...
- Ways to Prevent a Pterygium by Kathryn Dawson
- How to Avoid Needing Dental Implants by Kathryn Da...
- Zen in Recovery - Empty your Cup by Jane Derry
- Zen in Recovery - Ego by Jane Derry
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea by Gordie Guide
- Are You Curious to Find Out What the Signs and War...
- It’s Never Been Easier to Reap the Benefits of Hea...
- Kegelmaster Is Helpful To Strengthen Pelvic Muscle...
- Kegelmaster – Use And Be Healthy by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster – Stop Worrying by Andrew Rivano
- Kegelmaster Pelvic Muscle Builder by Andrew Rivano...
- Kegelmaster The Pelvic Toner by Andrew Rivano
- Do You Have a Sleep Debt? by Gordie Guide
- Common Sense Tips to Help Stop Snoring by Gordie G...
- Information To Help You Buy Testosterone Supplemen...
- Fibromyalgia - The Simple Facts by Anita Lyon
- KSA Medical Device Market Set to Flourish by Shush...
- Growing Your Own Herbs For Herbal Remedies by Nick...
- Kegelmaster Hope For Weakened Pelvic Muscles by An...
- US Generic Drug Market to Grow at 10% CAGR by Shus...
- Learning 5 Steps To Keep Acne Away by Mark De Schu...
- What Cataract Surgery is Available? by Kathryn Daw...
- Sweating Too Much: Educate Yourself About Your Pro...
- Hand Held Pulse Oximeter Technology Allows Physici...
- Pulse Oximeter Use With Lanyards Allows For Vital ...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Use By Pilots To Prevent...
- Pulse Oximeter Helps To Lose Weight by Jacob Walte...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Meets Bluetooth And Wire...
- Pulse oximeter used in emergency response systems ...
- Pulse Oximeter Technology Allows Asthma Sufferers ...
- ▼ Feb 22 (36)
- ► January (856)
- ▼ February (652)
- ► December (393)
- ► November (440)
- ► 2009 (57)
- ► December (49)
- ► November (28)
- ► June (32)
- ► May (29)
- ► April (58)
- ► March (32)
- ► February (54)
- ► January (416)
- ► December (482)
- ► November (351)
- ► October (335)